Friday, February 09, 2007

As we were driving down to Florida this past summer we stopped at rest stop in Georgia, and I do believe it was actually RJ (our dog) who found this little guy. He was about the size of a large carpenter ant and very aggressive. He also made a sound like a Mexican maracca (is that how you spell it?) being shaken any time RJ got to close. If you look close this any like creature also appears to be furry? If anyone has any clue as to what this guy is please let me know!!
An African Iris behind my mom's house, I'd have taken one too, but the aren't hardy like the ones I have at home. Relative to the Louisiana Iris I believe.
Still beautiful though!

These next bunch and most of the wildlife ones that follow are from this road the my dad showed me in the Everglades called Loop Road. I've been there 3 times now and even when there's nothing much around, there's still a lot to see!! These guys above are Florida gars, I used to have them in a fish tank back in NY, and never realized they could get so big.

These two raccoons crossed the road in front of my father and I, them climbed a tree, so they could observe us better. They even pulled out some nuts and bananas and started to try and feed us. Guess they didn't see the signs not to feed the "Mildlife".
;)

Very much not caring that we were only about 6 ft away!! This one was taunting us and throwing rocks at my dad. We reported him to the ranger, who laughed and told us to leave... Immediately

I know it my be surprising to everyone but we saw a whole bunch of these.
Crocs O Plenty in the Everglades. This one was sunning himself at a rest stop right before the turn off to Loop road.
This one chilling under a sign that said no camping on loop road! Enforcement I guess.

This juvenile was sunning himself at closed camping area right after Loop road.
Didn't like the looks of us I guess.
Or maybe he did!?!?!?

No comments: